Kaira Social Service Society (KSSS), the official social wing of Diocese of Ahmedabad, works to promote the rights and health of the poor and marginalized Communities in Gujarat irrespective of caste, creed and religion. It was registered under both the Bombay Public Trusts Act – 1950 and the Societies Registration Act – 1860, on February 3, 1967.
KSSS aims at empowering communities towards self reliance through CBO’s like SHGs, Peace clubs, Federations, Mahila/Children Panchayats and Task Force etc, which address their economics, social and other local issues. Today it functions very professionally with its well established various polices like HR, Financial, Gender, HIV/AIDS, ethical, Child Protection, Policy against Sexual Harassment at work places and so on.
“KSSS works to promote the rights and health of the poor and marginalized communities in four districts of Gujarat”.
“To Build a Humane Society where Gospel Values such as Justice, Equality, Love & Peace are nurtured & lived in Harmony with Nature”.
“To Restore Human Dignity of the poor and the Marginalized through a process of Empowerment”
- Awareness Generation
- Formation of CBO's
- Capacity Building
- Skill Promotion
- Networking and Linkages
- Advocacy & Lobbuing
The Guiding Principles
- Building sustainable community based on Justice and peace with preferential option for the poor.
- Upholding Human Dignity in all our ares of operation at all times.
- Strenghen the capacity of our operating partners.
- Gender Equality
- Promotion of Good Governance within the organization and in the target areas.
- Mainstreamings of HIV concept in all our intervations for better quality of Life of PLHIVs with the reduction of stigma and discrimination.
Districts of Ahmedabad, Kheda, Anand & Mahisagar